Friday, April 22, 2011

True Food, True Class

Yesterday my good friend Toby and I went to a fantastic restaurant called True Food in Newport Beach, California @ Fashion Island. The restaurant has a very resort-esque feel, with padded lounge booths and waiters in yoga pants!

We ordered the Herb Hummus to start off with my Red Moon drink (Pink Grapefruit, Agave, Yuzu, & Soda) and Toby's highly-appropriate Hangover Rx (Coconut Water, Orange Juice, and Pineapple). We then had the special of the day..some sort of yellow raw fish with a yummy sauce..of course I don't remember the name right? Despite the fact that we said originally that we "weren't very hungry," we finished our meal with the Almond Olive Oil Cake with blackberries and Greek yogurt!

The restaurant is based off of a menu centered around Dr. Andrew Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet & Food Pyramid. It would be a lovely place to have a birthday party or event, as the outside patio has a warm & inviting feeling, welcome to anyone and everyone.

I know the lighting is terrible in these..bare with me!

"I feel like I'm at a resort!"- Toby


your truly,
LH

No comments: