Sunday, May 15, 2011

dream prom

"sometimes life has to be so perfect,
to make up for all the bad times"
-How-to-Deal

last night was my senior prom! it was perfect! Held at the Richard Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, my boyfriend and I joined 34 other couples, squeezed in to a 70 person double party bus and headed off to enjoy an unforgettable night. We stepped off the bus on to a red carpet and into a marble-floored, pristine library. After checking in my gold glitter peep toes-hehe- we walked down the hall which was lined with blackjack tables and a fondue fountain! The ballroom, though, was SUCH a sight to see...(see picture below for an idea of how the room looked)...it was breathtaking! I felt like I was in a movie!

But my favorite part, was outside next to the courtyard and flower garden memorials, there was a live jazz band and dance floor set up where couples started swing dancing! It was magical! Collin (my boy) asked me to dance and I literally felt like I was in a dream :)

Anyways, it was a wonderful night, ended with cheese fries & ranch, half of a bacon-avocado cheese burger, and an oreo milkshake with good friends at Harbour House (a 24-hour diner in Sunset Beach).

getting my hair done... I have lotsa hair, so it had to be done in 3 sections



Aqua brand dress from Bloomingdales


Forever 21 earrings



Collin <3


my girls Alana and Alison


Collin wore Sanuks to prom haha

the outside courtyard

picture this room but without all the tables, and with a  dark purple/blue lighting



That high school nostaligia keeps hittin me as the days dwindle down.


yours truly,
LH

No comments: